Useful, curious and fun facts about Canada….
A bit silly but we enjoyed compiling these…
- Canada encompasses six different timezones.
- Canada is the second largest country in the world (after Russia).
- There are more than 100 national parks and historic sites in Canada.
- Canada is home to the longest street in the world—Younge Street—which covers a
distance of almost 1180 miles!
- Canadians call their dollar the ‘Loonie’, after the picture of the common loon—a Canadian
bird—on the back of the $1 coin.
- There are approximately 250,000 lakes in Ontario including all ve Great Lakes.Each year, approximately 12 million people visit Niagara Falls which straddles Ontario and New York.
- The population of the City of Toronto is 2.7 million, with 5.8 million people living in the
region. It’s predicted that the regional population will grow to 7.45 million by 2031!
- Toronto has been named the best city in the world for young people, according to an index
- The inuential Lonely Planet Guide named Vancouver one of the Top 10 Cities to Visit in
2014 and Canada as one of the Top 10 Countries to Visit in 2009.
Photo thanks to LMV on Flickr