What Triptoes Really Likes:
Hidden Ridge Resort is a lovely resort hotel tucked away from the downtown area of Banff and with scenic views overlooking the town.
This apartment-style property is popular for its full kitchens, larger units and wood burning fireplaces. With the Hidden Ridge Resort, enjoy home comforts whilst on holiday. You cannot beat the charms of a wood burning fireplace: try some s'mores, namely cooked marshmallows, a fabulous fun evening for the whole family! Discover the quaint village of Banff and explore the stunning Rockies region. There is so much to do nearby, from active family activities to peaceful connections with nature.
The Important Stuff:
Check-in time: from 4 pm Check-out time: until 11 am
Check-in Day: Any Day
The hotel has 107 rooms arranged over 2 floors. Please specify your ideal room when booking with Triptoes One Bedroom Condo 1 or 2 Queen Beds, pull out sofa in living room. 1 full bathroom. One Bedroom w/Loft Condo 3 Queen Beds, pull out sofa in living room. 1 & 1/2 bathrooms. Two Bedroom w/Loft Condo - 4 Queens 4 Queen Beds, pull out sofa in living room. 2 full bathrooms. 3 levels with own washer & dryer. Two Bedroom w/Loft Condo - 3 Queens 3 Queen Beds, pull out sofa in living room. 2 full bathrooms. 3 levels. Two Bedroom w/Loft Condo - 3 Queens & Games 3 Queen Beds, 2 pull out sofas. 2 full bathrooms. 4 levels with games room. Premier King Jacuzzi Suite King Mountain Luxury Bed. 1 & 1/2 bathrooms. Private balcony with hot tub and mountain views. Two Bedroom Jacuzzi Condo 2 Queen Mountain Luxury Beds. 1 & 1/2 bathrooms. Private spa in upstairs bedroom.
Free wifi Complimentary Banff Roam Transit passes, a green way to get around town.
- Outdoor Hot Pools
- Sauna Cabin
- Picnic areas
- BBQ areas
- Parking - Underground and drive up
Heating, Air Conditioning & Bedding:
Fire burning fireplace
Stuff for KidsThe Hidden Ridge Resort allows self-catering which is ideal for a family holiday. Many active activities are available both in winter and summer. Enjoy "cocooning" in your own condo in the warmth of your very own fire burning fire. A DVD player is supplied free of charge together with DVDs for a restful evening after a busy day out.
Things To Do
Outdoor & Active:
Banff offers many activities which will enthrall the entire family
- The Banff Museum National Historic Site
- The Cave and Basin National Historic Site
- Banff Gondola - Take a trip to the top of the Sulphur Mountain.
- Mount Norquay - Down hill skiing, day lodge, tubing. Night skiing is offered at this hill.
- Canoe Docks - Rent a canoe here!
- Banff Rotary Park - Kids playground, benches, green space.
- Tunnel Mountain Hike Trail Head
- Train Station - You will arrive here if you are coming by train. Welcome to Banff!
- Bow Falls - Great picture taking here.
- Legacy Trail- The trail head for the Legacy bike trail is here. Paved trail that is great for the beginner bike ride.
- HooDoo - Great viewpoint for taking photos.
- Downtown area
- Cave & Basin - Banff National historic site. Home of the endangered Banff Snail.
- Walk around and see the marsh loop, bird watching and boardwalk trails.
Other activities are available nearby (Johnson Lake and Bow River for instance) and your hotel reception desk will be more than happy to help
- Bicycle rentals
- Ski lessons (with ski equipment rental)
- Downhill skiing
Closest City & Distance:
Banff, 30 minutes walk, 14mn with public transport, 4 minutes drive
By car • Take the TransCanada Highway west to Banff. • After you reach the Banff National Park Gates, it will be another 15 minute drive (15km). • Take the second Banff Exit (Norquay). • Turn left at the stop sign (onto Mt Norquay Rd). • Mount Norquay Rd becomes Gopher St. • Turn left at the first set of lights (Wolf St). • You will go through part of the downtown area. • Turn left on Otter St (if you reach Grizzly St, you have gone too far). • Otter St becomes Tunnel Mountain Rd. • Turn left onto Hidden Ridge Way (if you reach tunnel mountain campground you have gone too far). • Hidden Ridge Resort is at the end of Hidden Ridge Way. • You will find the front office building on your left (or if you go around the loop just after the hot pools on your right)