Adventure Summary:This 4 day kayaking tour with West Coast Expeditions based on Vancouver Island, is a great fit for a family on a tight itinerary and are unsure how much you will all enjoy kayaking and the remote location of Base Camp, but are keen to try. On this tour, experience the riches of a sea kayaking and holiday escape to Kyuquot. Enjoy a true getaway with delicious meals, playful outings by kayak or on forest trails, and blissful nights.
Type of Adventure:
From Age 5
4 days / 5 nights
Where is it?
West Coast Expediations operate out of Kyuquot on the west coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The name "Kyuquot" is often easily confused with better known "Clayoquot" (Tofino and Ucluelet) but lies approximately 160 km further "up" the coast. Getting there is part of the adventure and keeps the location adventurous! The trip package help to make this easy, starting with transportation included from the Comox Valley, Campbell River, or Gold River. Triptoes will help you build your itinerary around including this adventure within your holiday.
Summer 2015 June 26-29 July 8-11 July 22-25 July 29-Aug.1 Aug. 12-15 Aug. 20-23 Aug. 23-26
Accommodation is at the Wilderness Retreat Base Camp. It is basic but comfortable.
- Two-way ground transportation with professional drivers (van shuttle) to/from your overnight accommodation or vehicle parking location in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River; parking available.
- Two-way water taxi transfer from Fair Harbour to WCE Spring Island Base Camp
- Hot Shower! (beachfront)
- Walk-in waterfront tents with beds, pillows, fitted sheet, and fleece blanket (just bring your sleeping bag)
- All scrumptious meals and snacks once with us in Kyuquot - everyone is pleasantly satiated!
- Professional guides and all group safety gear
- Diverse fleet of new, high-quality fibreglass and Kevlar single and double kayaks and all related kayaking equipment
- Use of paddling jackets and dry bags for day trips when kayaking
- Engaging interpretive programs (rainforest, intertidal, marine, cultural) tailored to your interests
- Comprehensive resource library of reference and reading material about the coast
- Complimentary use of our Stand Up Paddle Board or "Window Kayak" for exploring close to shore at camp
- Innumerable other things - big and small - that make your experience with us feel comfy and complete!